Health & Wellness Your Way
Participants of the Living Well Health Fair celebrated life, tasted, learned, danced, screened, chatted, and meditated to advance on their health & wellness journeys. They checked out speakers, exercise & activity demos, cooking demos, health screenings, art, fashion, and music. Guests interacted with 78 exhibitors with specialties in aging well, health, alternative medicine, community, environment, food & beverages, arts & crafts, and kids & pets.
The young and the young at heart gathered and had fun all day long at this free event. Door prizes – awarded every 30 minutes – heightened the excitement. The Living Well Health Fair, presented jointly by Keiro Northwest and Seattle JACL, drew crowds from many Asian and Asian American communities.
Thank you to all of the individuals, organizations, and businesses who made this event a reality!
- ~ The Robert Chinn Foundation for their generous 2-year grant for the event and our upcoming Living Well workshop series.
- ~ Our sponsors for supporting and believing in our efforts to educate and illuminate the public.
- ~ Our speakers, demonstration leaders, and entertainers who gave depth and real-life application of health & wellness to the public.
- ~ Our many exhibitors who spent the whole day sharing the possibilities of health & wellness.
- ~ Our corps of volunteers, over 100 strong, who worked in both the foreground and the background. They greeted, lifted and unloaded, set up and cleaned up, posted signs, washed dishes, danced, translated, handed out samples, awarded door prizes, and brought smiles to everyone’s faces.
- ~ Ron Nobuyama and Blaine Memorial United Methodist Church, whose expertise, support, unfailing ability to answer questions, and willingness to say “yes” made magic happen.
- ~ Our dedicated and hands-on Planning Committee, who recruited sponsors, presenters, and exhibitors and designed the Living Well Health Fair experience. Each year, they take our event to ever greater heights so that guests have the best time and increase awareness of health & wellness.