Adult Day Program
Spend The Day With Your Extended Family
With Kokoro Kai, you can take a break from caregiving. Your loved one can remain active and engaged, expand his/her social contacts, and possibly improve brain health, even if memory issues and/or declining mobility have reduced your loved one’ zest for life.
Participants form close social bonds with their peers in English and Japanese, surprise their families and our staff with their hidden talents, and develop new skills through creative projects. They eagerly await their next Kokoro Kai day and often enjoy renewed enthusiasm and purpose.
Seniors who live alone or stay at home all day are welcome to spend time full of heartfelt interaction and participate in activities for the mind and body.
Safe and social surroundings
● 3 days a week, 10:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays)
● Engaging activities
● Conversation over a hearty meal
● Bilingual (Japanese/English)
● Respite for seniors and their families
- Tomoko Faasuamalie
- Kokoro Kai Supervisor
- The volunteers and participants of Kokoro Kai are like family to my father.