Effective 9/11/19- Volunteer services will end for Keiro’s Rehab & Care Center. Volunteering will still remain active for Nikkei Manor and Kokoro Kai.
making a difference
Our volunteers allow Keiro Northwest to do so much more for the residents and participants than we ever could on our own. They serve in an endless variety of ways but have one trait in common: generosity that comes from a deep, compassionate sense of caring for the residents and participants of our programs.
- Nikkei Manor
- Serve as tour guide or driver on a field trip
- Escort a resident shopping
- Conduct BINGO on a Saturday afternoon
- Assist with gardening and maintenance
- Serve as a volunteer receptionist
- Kokoro Kai
- Drive participants from their homes to the program
- Serve tea, snacks and lunch to participants
- Co-lead light exercises
- Help participants with arts and crafts
- Lead sing-alongs (English)
- Serve as a personal needs assistant or escort
- Lead book discussion (English)
- Bi-lingual (English with Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, or Korean) speakers needed!
- Ayame Kai Guild
Ayame Kai is the volunteer auxiliary of Keiro Northwest. Initially dedicated to support the residents of Keiro, the Ayame Kai Guild now raises funds to benefit the residents and participants of Keiro Northwest’s programs. They have raised over $1,000,000 for Keiro Northwest and renew their efforts each year.
- Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Work a shift at the Keiro Northwest booth at a community festival
- Anything else you can think of! We’re open to your creative ideas!